Texts From Last Night


Textsfromlastnight.com is a wonderful reminder that user innovation can take place even when the contributors are operating at less then optimal mental capacity. Users send in their entertaining text messages to the sites editors, who then decide whether or not the text is worthy of publication on their site. The funny thing is, these texts are likely remembered far more clearly by the readers of the site than the people who originally sent them. The site has recently expanded into the t-shirt business, selling t-shirts bearing the text from last night that you wish. They have also put out a book showcasing the most profound texts. It looks like all the dumb things you say while under the influence do have value after all!

3 comments:

  1. Tim Mao said...

    I often go on Failblog myself for a laugh. I've rarely received or sent texts while under the influence, so I can't really relate to that, but I can relate to Failblog, which has various user submitted failures in picture, text and video form!  

  2. Paul M. said...

    I'm a big fan of Texts From Last Night as a person who has one too many good stories from the "weekends". Sociologists and other scientists can use these texts as a resource for the trends of college life involving carelessness, alcohol and other substance use. I'm not sure how valid the information they find would be but this was listed as one plus of TFLN when I was researching it for class.  

  3. WisconsInnovation said...

    A cool site. Thanks for the lead. This sort of reminds me of postsecret.com.  


 

Est. 2008 | Aric Rindfleisch | Wisconsin School of Business | Banner Image by Bruce Fritz