Design Collective

When discussing the Threadless case in class today, I began to think about a very cool clothing boutique in Minneapolis, Design Collective. While it does not have an online component, I think the company is very innovate in its business structure, and also sells cool clothes. Design Collective's mission is to give local designers exposure and a retail outlet to sell their goods. To do this they solicit submissions from local designers and select the lines/products they like the best. I think the coolest part about all of this, and the best thing for the designers, is that the store includes a statement from the designer, their bio, and a mention on the website about what they do. Just another example of a company using crowdsourcing/submitting to not only help their business but also the local community. If you're in MPLS you stop by and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Aric Rindfleisch said...

    Looks interesting. Will check it out the next time I am in the Twin Cities. However, I don't think they have my size :(  

  2. TJ said...

    This is what I thought Threadless should look to expand on in their stores. Anyone can look at the shirt online but it would be interesting to read about the artist before you buy the shirt.  


 

Est. 2008 | Aric Rindfleisch | Wisconsin School of Business | Banner Image by Bruce Fritz