Don't Read This...Really...I'm Warning You...


Recently, a classmate turned me on to an addicting website called Sporcle.com. If you choose to check it out, I'll apologize right now for wasting - most likely - countless hours of your time.
In class today, I was giving further thought to the idea of creation without monetary aspects, and I couldn't help but thinking of this site. To me, it's almost like a Wikipedia line extension. Like Wikipedia, all the content is created by users, and while the checks on accuracy might not be quite as strict, I've found it to be a very accurate site. Ultimately, I just thought it was yet another interesting example of people co-creating for their own personal reasons; maybe it's to be recognized as the creator, maybe it's to increase content on the page, maybe it's something else entirely. At the end of the day, whatever the reasons for creating, it's an addicting site.
Countries of the World anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Sennai said...

    Great post, thanks big fella. I think it is true that there is a bunch of stuff on the internet that is nothing else but a way to pass time. However, some of these ideas are really catchy and can generate a lot of excitement.  

  2. Aric Rindfleisch said...

    Nice post, Dave. Also, a great title! We could all use more mentally stimulating diversions, can't we?  

  3. Jeffrey Xie said...

    interesting... really would like to try since your headline is so intriguing...  


 

Est. 2008 | Aric Rindfleisch | Wisconsin School of Business | Banner Image by Bruce Fritz