The Pen is Even Mightier

With all the recent news of social media being used to expose the election fraud in Iran, I hope pencasting proves to be another way that the pen can be mightier that the sword.

I recently discovered a pencast posted on the web that completely changed my mental model of writing instruments. The pencast was made with a smartpen, which enables a pen to do so much more than just blot ink on notebook paper. Viewing a pencast is like watching a whiteboard presentation and I found the medium to be very engaging to watch and easy to share using links or through social media. My keyword research on twitter and the web show that lead users are mostly sharing pencasts to teach concepts and create rich media blog posts.

What other great uses do you think there are for this product? Decide for yourself after watching this short and entertaining pencast.

2 comments:

  1. Aric Rindfleisch said...

    Thanks John. Very cool! I can imagine that this pen might be quite useful for parents who are away from home but seek to help their kid with their homework.  

  2. Stephanie Le said...

    As I was watching this pencast demo, it reminded me of when I took an online course that was entirely audio-based. It was relatively hard to follow because there was no visual to go along with the audio. Using pencasts for an online course like the one I took, simulating writing on a whiteboard/chalkboard or using a docu cam, would greatly enhance the material.  


 

Est. 2008 | Aric Rindfleisch | Wisconsin School of Business | Banner Image by Bruce Fritz